Prep 5 mins
Cook 23 mins
Adapted from one of the Southern Living Cookbooks with some minor changes.
- 2 lbs fresh raw sea scallops
- 28 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (I prefer the lime) or 1⁄4 cup lemon juice (I prefer the lime)
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, plus
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- In a large skillet, combine coconut milk, lime juice, ginger, and white pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to med-low to simmer. Add scallops. Cover and simmer for about 8 minutes or until scallops are opaque.
- Remove scallops with a slotted spoon and place in a shallow dish. Keep warm by covering w/ foil.
- Meanwhile, boil remaining coconut milk mixture over high heat for 10-15 minutes or until reduced to 1 1/2 cups.
- Stir in basil and fish sauce. Pour over the cooked scallops.