Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
An elegant appetizer for 2. Scallops wrapped in pancetta, served on asparagus and finished with a gorgonzola sauce.
- 6 large scallops
- 6 slices pancetta
- 6 medium asparagus spears
- 4 ounces gorgonzola
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Halve the pancetta slices to make two thin strips of pancetta. Wrap each scallop tightly with the strips of pancetta, forming a criss-cross pattern across the scallop (like a present). Heat olive oil and pan-fry scallops briefly on each side until the scallop is cooked through (when they lose their transparency and turn opaque: approximately two minutes on each side).
- Blanch the asparagus in rapidly boiling water for two minutes.
- Mix the wine and cheese and reduce in a small saucepan until thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the dish by placing 3 asparagus together, place 3 scallops on top and drizzle with 1/2 the gorgonzola sauce per person.
This recipe is a great idea. I did not have pancetta so I used bacon. It was delicious. Will definitley make again. Thumbs up.