Fra Diavolo...the "sauce of the devil". I find spicey sauces work really well with shellfish, this sauce is sure put a little fire in your bite and maybe even a little fire elsewhere!! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 8 ounces tomatoes, diced (can use canned or fresh)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white wine (something Dry)
- 1 1/2 lbs scallops
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped, to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped, to taste)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil with 7 cloves garlic and shallots over medium heat.
- 2DO NOT BURN THE GARLIC -- If you do, Start Again.
- 3When the garlic starts to sizzle, pour in the tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- 4Season with salt and red pepper.
- 5Bring to a boil.
- 6Lower the heat, add the white wine and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Add in the Basil at the 15 minute mark!
- 8Meanwhile -- have a glass of wine and continune on --
- 9In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over high heat.
- 10Add the scallops, and 1 clove of garlic. Season with Salt & pepper.
- 11Cook for about 4 minutes. 2 minutes per side should be good. You want the Scallop to still have a spring to it when you press on it. Try not to over cook the suckers -- It will ruin your meal. A nice pearly white and a spring to it is an Excellently Cook Scallop
- 12Add the perfectly cooked Scallops to the tomato mixture, and stir in the parsley.
- 13Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the sauce just begins to bubble.
- 14You can serve this sauce over pasta, rice or just eat it plain it's just that good.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallops Fra Diavolo...the Sauce of the Devil
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.2
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 56.2 mg
- Sodium 874.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 30.6 g