Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 lb fresh scallops (or frozen)
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts (about 12)
- 3 slices bacon, each cut into 4 pieces and partially fried
- 1⁄2 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 firm medium tomatoes, cut into wedges or 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Thaw scallops if frozen; if large scallops are used, cut each into 3 or 4 pieces.
- Wash and remove any shell particles.
- Alternate scallops, water chestnuts, bacon, green pepper and tomatoes on each of 4 skewers.
- Mix soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic powder.
- Set oven at broil and/or 550°F.
- Broil brochettes with tops about 3 inches from heat, turning once and basting with soy sauce mixture, until bacon is crisp and scallops are light brown, 5 to 8 minutes.