Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
A scrumptious seafood dish, great for an elegant or romantic meal. I love scallops and this is one of my favorite ways to eat them!
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 2 -3 green onions (chopped)
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup alfredo sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 6 slices deli sliced provolone cheese
- 2 cups cooked rice
- In a small mixing bowl combine parsley and chopped green onions; set aside.
- In a large ziplock bag, mix flour and seasoned salt.
- Drain any excess liquid from scallops and place in bag and shake to coat.
- Heat Butter in a medium sauce pan and sauté scallops until lightly browned and evenly cooked.
- Add green onion and parsley mixture, as well as mustard, Alfredo sauce, and wine.
- Cook over medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Arrange cheese slices over scallops and cover.
- Cook on low about 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve over rice.
Truly an ejoyable dish, we served without the rices, and use small baked potatos as the starch dish. I reduce the cheese to 4 slices and it was still magnificant.
This is a truly an elegant seafood dish. I made my own alfredo sauce (I used more than called for as we like a lot of sauce). It has a nutty, sweet, cheesy sort of taste; really not an overpowering seafood taste. DH and I are both looking forward to the leftovers. I made linguine instead of rice with it. Thanks for a real keeper, something different and with my favorite, scallops.
I always have a bag of LARGE frozen sea scallops from Costco, and prepared this as written. I had no alfredo sauce, but sour cream worked just fine. The 2 of us ate the WHOLE thing, and enjoyed it very much. Thanks for posting, Dawn