Prep 1 min
Cook 2 mins
I found this in our local paper years ago. It is very easy to put together and can easily be doubled or tripled. It would make a nice first course or, coupled with some pasta or rice, a nice and light dinner.
- 3⁄4 lb scallops
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons coarse grained Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Rinse, drain and pat dry scallops.
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add scallops and saute 1 minute.
- Transfer scallops to a dish.
- Add sherry to skillet and cook 30 seconds to reduce liquid.
- Stir in mustard and cream.
- Return scallops to skillet.
- Cook until scallops are heated through, about 30 seconds.
- Season with salt& pepper to taste.
I have found that cooking scallops at home is hit or miss. This recipe definately brought my cooking-confidence up though! I didn't have heavy cream so I used plain greek yogurt...wonderful!
The taste was over powering, scallops are a very light seafood and to me the mustard took all flavor away from the scallop. Sorry but I didn't care to much for this one.
This was delicious ! I had frozen scallops, 10-14 per pound -- so they must have been larger than described, since "30 seconds" twice would never have cooked them !! DH and I each had 4, which was a perfect portion. I think the 4 -5 minutes total cooking time would cover this size. Thanks, Norma - great recipe.