Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Diver scallops seared on high heat then finished with cream and sweated spinach.
- 12 large diver scallops, rinsed and dried
- 3⁄4 cup butter, divided
- 3 ounces heavy cream
- 1⁄8 cup Chardonnay wine
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, spine removed
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt, pink Himalayian
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated thin
- Melt 1 stick of butter in saute' pan over medium heat. Add spinach and coat. Saute just until dark but not limp, add wine and deglaze. Add cream and turn down heat to low. Not letting boil, saute' 2-3 minutes and remove from heat. Preheat oven to broil.
- Heat flat griddle on grill to very high heat, somewhere over 600. Melt butter off heat or on stove. Add lemon to taste. Pour over scallops, Salt and pepper to taste, rub to coat.
- Sear over very high heat >1minute per side, remove immeditately.
- Divide and place in ramakins, top with spinach, spooning in the sauce as desired. Top with mozzarella, place in bottom rack of broiler untill well melted.
Excellent! I did sprinkle some old bay on the scallops, but other wise followed the recipe. Surprisingly, I have the pink Himalayian salt! I recommend that you serve this with some wonderful crusty bread to soak any sauce that is left in the ramekin....you will want to get every bit. It's delicious!
Great recipe! Loved the combination of spinach, scallops, cream and cheese! I used a little of your Bayou Sam's Counter Seasoning to season the scallops. Made for Spring 2012 Pick a Chef game.