Recipe by The Flying Chef
This is a yummy scallop starter. I serve mine in scallop shells, which you can buy at most grocery stores. They are not expensive and it makes for great presentation.
Top Review by ImAGourmetChef
I split the recipe into 2 small individual casserole dishes and my friend and I had an absolute feast! The scallops were tender and the sauce was perfection! I loved the cheeses in the sauce and it is a show stopper for company!
- 16 st jacques scallops
- 180 ml double cream
- 29.58 ml sherry wine
- 7.39 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml vegetable stock powder
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 9.85 ml parsley, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml gruyere cheese
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese (for topping)
- 59.14 ml breadcrumbs (for topping)
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 4.92 ml cornflour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a small amount of oil in pan, add scallops and cook both sides until opaque. Set to one side.
- Heat cream in pan, add sherry, lemon juice, stock, garlic and Gruyere stir until cheese has melted. Mix a small amount of water to cornflour add to cream and stir until sauce has thickened.
- In a bowl beat egg yolks and add a few tablespoons of cream mixture to yolks and stir (this prevents eggs from scrambling when added to cream.) Slowly add egg to pan stirring continuously while adding. Add pepper and parsley stir to combine and heat through.
- Place 4 scallops per shell, pour sauce over each to cover completely. Top each shell with extra Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs,place under grill and grill until bubbly and browned.