Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a yummy scallop starter. I serve mine in scallop shells, which you can buy at most grocery stores. They are not expensive and it makes for great presentation.
- 16 st jacques scallops
- 180 ml double cream
- 29.58 ml sherry wine
- 7.39 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml vegetable stock powder
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 9.85 ml parsley, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml gruyere cheese
- 78.07 ml parmesan cheese (for topping)
- 59.14 ml breadcrumbs (for topping)
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 4.92 ml cornflour
- Heat a small amount of oil in pan, add scallops and cook both sides until opaque. Set to one side.
- Heat cream in pan, add sherry, lemon juice, stock, garlic and Gruyere stir until cheese has melted. Mix a small amount of water to cornflour add to cream and stir until sauce has thickened.
- In a bowl beat egg yolks and add a few tablespoons of cream mixture to yolks and stir (this prevents eggs from scrambling when added to cream.) Slowly add egg to pan stirring continuously while adding. Add pepper and parsley stir to combine and heat through.
- Place 4 scallops per shell, pour sauce over each to cover completely. Top each shell with extra Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs,place under grill and grill until bubbly and browned.
I split the recipe into 2 small individual casserole dishes and my friend and I had an absolute feast! The scallops were tender and the sauce was perfection! I loved the cheeses in the sauce and it is a show stopper for company!
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #31* How sinfully delicious ! Used 10 scallops for DH and me, and prepared the sauce as listed. Served with "Baked Zucchini With Cheese" and "Stewed Tomatoes Jefferson" for a delicious dinner. Thanks for posting, Flying Chef !
I used bay scallops and made these up to serve with a green salad and toasted garlic bread. We were only three but managed the whole recipe, lol. TFS, very good. Made for the Aussie/NZ Swap #30