1/2 Photos of Scallops Creme De La Creme
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is a yummy scallop starter. I serve mine in scallop shells, which you can buy at most grocery stores. They are not expensive and it makes for great presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 st jacques scallops
- 180 ml double cream
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup gruyere cheese
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (for topping)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (for topping)
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1Heat a small amount of oil in pan, add scallops and cook both sides until opaque. Set to one side.
- 2Heat cream in pan, add sherry, lemon juice, stock, garlic and Gruyere stir until cheese has melted. Mix a small amount of water to cornflour add to cream and stir until sauce has thickened.
- 3In a bowl beat egg yolks and add a few tablespoons of cream mixture to yolks and stir (this prevents eggs from scrambling when added to cream.) Slowly add egg to pan stirring continuously while adding. Add pepper and parsley stir to combine and heat through.
- 4Place 4 scallops per shell, pour sauce over each to cover completely. Top each shell with extra Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs,place under grill and grill until bubbly and browned.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallops Creme De La Creme
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.5
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 182.4 mg
- Sodium 480.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 17.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable stock powder