This yummy dish is from the California Culinary Academy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If you are using large sea scallops, cut them in half horizontally. If you have tiny bay scallops, they can be left whole.
- 2In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- 3Add shallots and mushrooms; saute over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- 4Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- 5Melt remaining butter in skillet.
- 6Add scallops.
- 7Saute 2 to 3 minutes, until scallops are opaque.
- 8Using a slotted spoon, remove scallops from skillet and add them to mushroom mixture; set aside.
- 9Add cream and wine to liquid in skillet.
- 10Add any juices that have accumulated in bowl of scallops.
- 11Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sauce reduces to 2/3 to 3/4 cup and thickens enough to lightly coat a spoon.
- 12Add mushroom and scallop mixture; cook to heat through.
- 13Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 14Serve garnished with chives.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallops Charlotte
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.9
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 494.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 15.3 g