Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This yummy dish is from the California Culinary Academy.
Make and share this Scallops Charlotte recipe from Food.com.
- If you are using large sea scallops, cut them in half horizontally. If you have tiny bay scallops, they can be left whole.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Add shallots and mushrooms; saute over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in skillet.
- Add scallops.
- Saute 2 to 3 minutes, until scallops are opaque.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove scallops from skillet and add them to mushroom mixture; set aside.
- Add cream and wine to liquid in skillet.
- Add any juices that have accumulated in bowl of scallops.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until sauce reduces to 2/3 to 3/4 cup and thickens enough to lightly coat a spoon.
- Add mushroom and scallop mixture; cook to heat through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with chives.