Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I had a version of this at a retaurant and had to create it at home when the chef wouldn't give me the recipe. I think it turned out delicious.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup pecorino romano cheese or 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine pasta, cooked ahead
- flour, for dredging
- Cook bacon in medium saucepan 5 minutes.
- Dredge scallops in flour.
- Place scallops in pan and cook approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove bacon and scallops and set aside.
- Drain bacon grease, leaving 1-2 tbls in pan to sautee vegetables.
- Add ingredients red pepper to garlic, saute for two minutes then deglaze pan with wine and reduce by more than half.
- Add cream and reduce until thickened, add scallops and bacon back to pan, and cheese.
- Toss with fettucini and add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
I've nerver heard my husband praise a meal as much as he did this one. We have eaten Scallop carbonara in the pastin a restaurant. but never heard him praise it as much. I was told that this is a must do recipe in the future.
Made this for Valentine's day. Fabulous! My first try at scallops in anything - and it turned out perfectly! Next night's leftovers and the kids nearly finished it all up...mushrooms, and all. That's saying a lot :)
I just made this dish for my wife and I. I have always been a lover of carbonara, and this is the best I have ever tasted!
Thank you so much!