Recipe by Jewelies
Sea scallops steamed and served in their shells.
Top Review by chia
i am unfortunate to live in a place where i can't get fresh scallops on the shell. i prepared sea scallops in a plate, spooned the sauce over, i also used some older red jalapenos from my garden. i placed it in a bamboo steamer in my wok for the same time, it was perfect! and so quick, this is a keeper for my 30 minute meals!
- 3 tablespoons fermented black beans, rinsed
- 3⁄4 inch fresh ginger, cut into very thin matchsticks (2cm)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 8 fresh sea scallops, on the shell
- 1 long red chile, seeds removed and finely sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak beans in several changes of cold water, about 5 minutes each time.
- Drain beans and lightly crush half of them.
- Mix beans with ginger, sugar, rice wine, soy and sesame oil.
- Spoon over scallops and scatter with chilli.
- Place scallops in a steamer over simmering water for 4-5 minutes until just cooked.
- Serve hot.