Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (5/8 ounce) package Italian salad dressing
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bay scallops, rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 English muffins, halved and toasted
- 6 slices tomatoes
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add flour and salad italian dressing, mix stirring well.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Add mushrooms& lemon rind, cook stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Add scallops, cook stirring occasionally, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- Top each english muffin half with tomato slice.
- Spoon 1/2 cup scallop mixture on top.