Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I have had this recipe for years. It's really easy, but tastes like something special. Add a green salad or fruit salad for a complete meal. Cook time does not include rice preparation.
- 6 ounces long grain and wild rice blend
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 lb sea scallops, drained
- Cook rice according to package. Set aside. Combine buter, lemon juice and celery salt in a large skillet. Bring to a boil. Add scallops. Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until scallops are done - about 6 - 8 minutes. Serve over cooked rice.
Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. We used wild rice cooked in chicken broth for the base. My seven year daughter who has dreams of being on master chef junior put this together with guidance, enjoyed by the whole family and feel we would be proud to serve to the best of company.