Recipe by Derf
Delicious! The spinach wilts as the sauce is drizzled over. The hot/cold mix makes a nice texture. Changed to our tastes from B H & G.
Top Review by RedVinoGirl
VERY good....VERY rich! Followed this recipe to the letter but added sauteed baby bella mushrooms. Yummy! Nice serving it over uncooked rice/tomatoes. VERY rich! Almost like a rich alfredo. EVeryone loved it.
- 6 cups spinach
- 4 small tomatoes (cut into chunks or wedges) or 4 small yellow tomatoes (cut into chunks or wedges)
- 1 lb large scallop
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half or 3⁄4 cup light cream
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Divide spinach among four individual plates.
- Arrange tomatoes on top of spinach, set aside.
- Arrange scallops on the unheated rack of a broiler pan, set aside.
- Melt butter or margarine in a small saucepan, stir in garlic and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Brush half of the butter mixture on scallops.
- Broil scallops 4 inches from heat for 8 minutes or till opaque, turning once.
- It desired, for easier turning, thread scallops on metal skewers before broiling.
- Meanwhile, return saucepan to heat, whisk flour into remaining butter mixture.
- Add half and half or light cream and cheese, cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Arrange scallops on top of tomatoes and spinach on plates, drizzle with sauce.
- Serve at once.