Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ristorante Ciao Tutti, La Grange, IL.
- 88.74 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 7.39 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 566.99 g sea scallops
- 453.59 g spinach egg noodles
Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce
- 3 large red bell peppers
- 118.29 ml pine nuts, toasted
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml garlic, chopped
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- Italian parsley, chopped
- Whisk first 7 ingredients in large bowl.
- Mix in scallops.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Cook fettuccine in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove scallops from marinade.
- Add to skillet and cook just until opaque in center, about 1 minute per side.
- Bring Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce to simmer in another large skillet.
- Add fettuccine to Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce and toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Arrange scallops atop pasta.
- Drizzle any pan juices over scallops.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Red Bell Pepper Cream Sauce:.
- Char peppers over flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides.
- Enclose in paper bag.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Peel, seed and coarsely chop peppers.
- Transfer to processor.
- Add pine nuts, Parmesan, olive oil and garlic and process until peppers are finely chopped.
- Transfer mixture to large bowl.
- Stir in whipping cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- (Sauce can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate).