Recipe by Boca Pat
You won't believe how simple this is and how delicious it tastes.
Top Review by Eleanor W.
This recipe was wonderful! Easy to make. (Much more easier than cleaning the scallops!) I added 2 cloves of chopped garlic to it to add a little more depth and changed fresh tomatoes with sun dried tomatoes. Amazing! You can make this with chicken or shrimp as well. Definitely a do over!
- 1 lb sea scallops, patted dry
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 7 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh spinach (baby works the best)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons lemons, zest of (grated)
- 8 ounces spaghetti or 8 ounces linguine (cooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in skillet; add scallops and cook about 2 minutes each side, until browned; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil and add shallot and cook until softened; about 1 minute; stir in wine and cook until reduced by half; about 30 seconds.
- Add broth, simmer.
- Stir in butter and pasta and toss until heated thru.
- Add spinach, cherry tomatoes, parsley and lemon zest, toss until spinach wilts, add scallops and serve.