Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
You won't believe how simple this is and how delicious it tastes.
Make and share this Scallops and Pasta Florentine recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sea scallops, patted dry
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 7 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh spinach (baby works the best)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons lemons, zest of (grated)
- 8 ounces spaghetti or 8 ounces linguine (cooked)
- Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in skillet; add scallops and cook about 2 minutes each side, until browned; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil and add shallot and cook until softened; about 1 minute; stir in wine and cook until reduced by half; about 30 seconds.
- Add broth, simmer.
- Stir in butter and pasta and toss until heated thru.
- Add spinach, cherry tomatoes, parsley and lemon zest, toss until spinach wilts, add scallops and serve.
Love this! Used wheat pasta instead. My grown son had 3rd's. Yummy !
I have tried several variations of this recipe-adding garlic, using shrimp, adding baby bella mushrooms, doubling the spinach, etc.... It has been superb every way I've tried it. This is now a family favorite, even with our 7, 6 and 3 year olds!