1/2 Photos of Scallops and Mushrooms (Pan Seared)
Alan Leonetti's Note:
This is a DELICIOUS recipe that is EASY to make, and is also LOW CARB and LOW SUGAR for people that are DIABETIC. I usually serve my Bok Choy recipe with this as one of the side dishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 large sea scallops
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch scallion (green onions, finely sliced white and green parts)
- 3/4 lb button mushroom (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (finely minced from jar)
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons cream sherry
- 1In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. DO NOT USE A NON-STICK SKILLET.
- 2When butter begins to foam, add the minced garlic, scallions, and mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes, or until tender.
- 3Add the scallops and sprinkle with half of the garlic powder, half of the salt and half of the pepper. Saute covered for about 3-5 minutes, or until the scallops begin to turn opaque (white).
- 4Turn the scallops over and sprinkle the rest of the garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 5Cover again and continue to sauté another 1 or 2 minutes.
- 6Once the scallops are cooked, remove to a plate and cover the plate with the lid from the skillet.
- 7Add the sherry to the skillet that contains the butter, mushrooms and scallions and continue to heat for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 8Place 6 scallops on each of the 2 dinner plates. Spoon the sauce with the mushrooms and scallions over the scallops and serve.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scallops and Mushrooms (Pan Seared)
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.9
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 121.2 mg
- Sodium 1566.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 22.0 g