Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I make this recipe quite often. It is low fat and has a mild, yet satisfying flavor.
- 6 ounces barilla plus pasta (any)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 12 ounces fresh sea scallops (make sure they are real sea scallops, not artificial scallops cut from skate)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- Cut scallops in half or quarters depending on size.
- Beat egg with water in bowl large enough to hold scallops.
- Add scallops and stir to coat.
- Drain off excess egg.
- In a food storage bag mix flour, paprika, pepper and salt.
- Add drained scallops to bag and shake to coat.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium/low heat.
- When hot, remove scallops from bag throwing away excess flour mixture and add scallops to hot pan that has been sprayed with olive oil cooking spray.
- Cook scallops for about 5 minutes.
- Remove scallops and put aside.
- Meanwhile put pasta on to boil.
- While pasta is cooking, mix together broth, garlic, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Pour into the same pan that you cooked the scallops inches.
- Bring to a boil and add mushrooms and edamame.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add scallops and cook for 5 to 7 minutes more.
- When pasta is done, drain and add to frying pan with other ingredients.
- Stir to mix in pasta and serve.
What an awesome recipe!! I quickly broiled the scallops whole w/olive oil and fresh cracked pepper in the oven, the mushrooms I sliced and cooked stovetop, I followed the rest of the recipe as written excepting used whole wheat penne rigate. Thank You so much for this recipe mandagirl!