Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
We really enjoyed this with a tossed salad. The original recipe said to slice the cauliflower in 1/2 inch slices but I sliced mine in the food processor, so the slices were quite thin but we really liked it this way. Recipe source: Prevention
- 1 head cauliflower, stem and leaves removed
- 453.59 g sea scallops
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 29.58 ml capers, rinsed and drained
- 14.79 ml dried sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 29.58 ml sherry wine vinegar
- 118.29 ml parsley, chopped
- 29.58 ml pine nuts, toasted
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with Pam.
- Slice cauliflower (see note in description) using a food processor (thickest setting) or slice crosswise in 1/2 inch slices. Arrange on prepared pan and spray with Pam and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-30 minutes or until browned, turning once during cooking. Turn off oven but leave pan in oven to keep warm.
- Pat scallops dry and season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add scallops and cook turning once until golden brown on both sides (about 10 minutes total). Transfer to bowl.
- Add shallots, capers and tomatoes to pan and cook stirring until tender (2 minutes). Stir in vinegar and then return scallops to pan along with the parsley. Heat through until heated through (2 minutes).
- Arrange cauliflower in serving bowl or individual plates and top with scallops and cooking liquids. Sprinkle with the nuts.
A very fancy meal, for not a lot of work and fuss. You can't go wrong here if you love all the individual parts of this like we do. I used the stated amount of oil, but put half of it on the cauliflower, so it would roast up well. Also, with a nonstick pan, you need very little oil for the cooking of the scallops and shallots. I seared the scallops on medium til they were brown - 3 minutes per side, I didn't want them to get overcooked. You'll be happy to know DH kept thanking me for such a great dinner!
This is low carb delicious heaven! I used a mandolin to slice the cauliflower. This is low carb because due to the cauliflower, it didn't need rice or noodles! So happy! Thanks, ellie! Made for PRMR.
This is restaurant quality. I was so lucky to find fresh scallops. They were like buttah! Roasted cauliflower is always a winner with me. I will certainly be making this again!