Recipe by Irmgard
This is a quick, easy recipe that I got out of Canadian Living magazine. If you organize all of the ingredients before you start cooking, you can have this dish on the table in half an hour.
- 1⁄2 lb scallops
- 1 bunch broccoli, about 1/2 lb.
- 4 green onions
- 1 slice gingerroot
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock or 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse scallops under cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
- Separate broccoli into bite-sized florets; cut stalk thinly on the diagonal.
- Chop green onions and ginger root.
- In a bowl, blend together chicken stock, sherry, soy sauce, cornstarch and sugar.
- In a wok or heavy skillet, heat oil over high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Stir fry scallops, turning constantly, just until they are opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a serving dish and keep warm.
- If necessary, add more oil to the wok.
- Add broccoli, green onions and ginger root; stir until coated with oil.
- Stir in the chicken stock mixture to coat the vegetables well; cover and steam for 2 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp and sauce thickens.
- Return the scallops to the wok and toss to coat.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with almonds.
- Makes 2 servings.