Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taste of Home.
- 3⁄4 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3⁄4 lb sea scallops, halved
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Place asparagus in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry scallops, mushrooms and garlic in canola oil until scallops are opaque and mushrooms are tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sauce is thickened.
- Add the asparagus, tomatoes, onions, sesame oil and pepper; heat through. Serve over rice.
I first gave this recipe 4 stars yesterday, but as left overs it really deserved 5 stars. As left overs it was fantastic. I guess sitting in the fridge over night made a difference. I made the following changes. I put in a splash of sherry as the last reviewer did. I added shrimp and I left out the cherry tomatoes. I did not have canola oil so I used olive oil to cook the scallops and shrimp. I left out the sesame oil as it didn't not appear to need any more oil. Thanks for sharing.
This was incredibly easy and delicious! I added a splash (ok, a big one...long week :-)) of sherry, and I made it over cous cous as I didn't want to wait for rice. FABULOUS! Thank you for sharing..a keeper for sure! LA :-)