Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Beautiful, delicious melange. From book Southern Church Suppers. The little bit of sugar makes all the difference.
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 2 firm tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (or to taste, I use more)
- 3 -4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix sliced vegetables.
- Mix melted butter with sugar, salt, oregano, and pepper.
- Mix butter with veggies.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake ½ hour; remove from oven; spread Parmesan over top; bake ½ hour more.
Any sort of tomato works well. I prefer red or sweet onions and double the recipe to avoid fights.
This is excellent! I just found my new zucchini recipe. Thanks for posting, mammamia.
This was great! I used all yellow squash, grape tomatoes and fresh basil. We loved it and will be making it again. Thanks for sharing such a nice veggie dish.