Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This dish has amazing flavour!
- 1 large zucchini, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, small minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups crackers, crushed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated
- In saucepan, saute zucchini until tender.
- (7 to 9 minutes).
- Drain well.
- Mix zucchini with remaining ingredients (except cheese).
- Pour into greased Crock Pot.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-8 hours, or HIGH for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
This was tasty although I think it tasted more like crackers than zucchini or cheese. I think I would make it again only tweak the recipe a little more to my family's tastes. Maybe some herbs, cut down the cracker and up the veg.
Oh, yum! Who would have thought the humble zucchini could produce a dish this good? I will make this again alot!