Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this in The Market Basket Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Guide. It came from New York State WIC Program Farmers Market Nutrition Program. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- Place cooked vegetables and prepared white sauce in casserole dish. Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
- Medium White Sauce:
- Melt butter or margarine over low heat. Add flour and pepper. Stir until well blended. Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in milk and return to heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until thick and smooth.
- Cheese Sauce:
- Follow direction to prepare medium white sauce.
- When sauce is thick add 1 1/2 cups grated cheese. Can be served over steamed vegetables.