Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A light summer side dish. This is also very good with fresh summer tomatoes instead of canned.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained & rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet; add onion and saute until tender.
- Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring gently.
- Pour mixture into a shallow baking dish, and bake at 325º F.
- for 15 to 20 minutes.
This is a wonderful, light vegetable side dish. I used red onion and canned tomatoe. I made it at Christmas time and it was a nice change from the heavy, vegetable sides that are popular during the winter.
Wonderful, light-tasting side dish. I only used 1 Tbsp of oil to cut the fat calories. I sliced each tomato and artichoke heart lengthwise. This was so easy to make and a great choice when you want something different for a side. Thanx for posting!
I'll add my praises to this delicious dish. My family loved the combination, especially my son-in-law. Thanks for this great side.