Recipe by Miss Annie
A light summer side dish. This is also very good with fresh summer tomatoes instead of canned.
Top Review by Pat from Ohio
This is a wonderful, light vegetable side dish. I used red onion and canned tomatoe. I made it at Christmas time and it was a nice change from the heavy, vegetable sides that are popular during the winter.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained & rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste