Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
An excellent sidedish complimenting all meat,fish, or poultry.Very easy to prepare as well.The addition of mozzerella cheese throughout the layers creates a pizza-like sidedish,some of My vegetarian friends have told Me.Sodium restricted diets can be adhered to, with the use of salt-saltines,and low sodium tomatoes.
- Generously grease a 1 1/2 casserole dish with some of the butter.
- Distribute 3/4 cups crushed saltines on bottom of casserole dish.
- Evenly distribute 1 heaping cup of stewed tomatoes,including liquid,on top of the saltines Sprinkle a pinch of each, basil,oregano, and black pepper on top of the tomatoes Cover with another 3/4 cup crushed saltines dot with butter.
- Repeat layering until 3 layers are made.
- Cover and cook in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Or microwave for 10 minutes high heat.
Too many crackers. Not enough juice in the canned stewed tomatoes to "mold" this together. Will not be making this again. :-(