Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is so easy when you use the precooked bacon. Directions are for uncooked bacon-adjust accordingly.
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 3 medium tomatoes (about 1 lb., each sliced 1/2 in. thick)
- In small bowl, cok bacon, covered, on high 3 to 4 min.until crisp.
- Remove bacon; set aside.
- Discard all but 1 Tbs.fat.
- To fat remaining in bowl, add onion;cook, covered, 1 minute.
- Stir in bread crumbs.
- Cook 21/2 t 31/2 minute until brown and crisp, stirring often during cooking.
- Around edge of 9 inch pie plate arrange tomato slices overlapping. Sprinkle crumbs and bacon on tomatoes.
- Cook on high 3 to 4 minutes until heated through.
This was pretty good. somehow not what Iexpected