Recipe by Baby Kato
One of the first dishes that I ever made. Not your traditional scalloped potatoes. This is an easy and tasty dish. My mom thought she hated sweet potatoes...it's been fun changing her mind.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
This made a nice, very easy weeknight dinner. Really liked the sweet potatoes on top. Mine was sort of swimming in liquid and that may be because I used an 9x9 inch pan. Using a rectangular or oblong pan may be the thing to do. Thanks for sharing this unique recipe. I would make it again.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 onion, large, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 2 sweet potatoes, large
- 59.14 ml sugar, brown
- 44.37 ml flour
- 236.59 ml pineapple juice
- 29.58 ml vinegar, white
- 29.58 ml soya sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an 8 cup baking dish mix ground beef, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper.
- Press into a thin layer.
- Peel potatoes, slice thinly and layer over meat mixture.
- Combine brown sugar and flour together.
- Mix pineapple juice, vinegar and soya sauce together.
- Stir the juice mixture into the brown sugar and flour.
- Pour over the potatoes and ground beef.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.