Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of the first dishes that I ever made. Not your traditional scalloped potatoes. This is an easy and tasty dish. My mom thought she hated sweet potatoes...it's been fun changing her mind.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an 8 cup baking dish mix ground beef, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper.
- Press into a thin layer.
- Peel potatoes, slice thinly and layer over meat mixture.
- Combine brown sugar and flour together.
- Mix pineapple juice, vinegar and soya sauce together.
- Stir the juice mixture into the brown sugar and flour.
- Pour over the potatoes and ground beef.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
This made a nice, very easy weeknight dinner. Really liked the sweet potatoes on top. Mine was sort of swimming in liquid and that may be because I used an 9x9 inch pan. Using a rectangular or oblong pan may be the thing to do. Thanks for sharing this unique recipe. I would make it again.
I made the recipe as directed using a 9x13 " baking dish. It was quite enjoyable . A very different, very tasty dish.
Yum. I LOVE sweet potatoes and am allergic to chicken, so I've been researching unique ground beef recipes. This is one of my favorites - a keeper. Making it again tonight. (Side note - my children complain about everything and although they like the flavor of the beef, they don't like the sweet potatoes.)