Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A good side dish with pork roast, chops or ham.
Make and share this Scalloped Sweet Potatoes and Apples recipe from Food.com.
- Wash and cook sweet potatoes in boiling water until just tender.
- Peel and cut into crosswise slices, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Butter a 2 quart ovenproof casserole.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, mace, salt, (pecans- if using them) and set aside.
- Arrange half the sweet potato slices in the bottom of buttered casserole, then half the apple slices on top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle half the brown sugar mixture over all.
- Dot with 2 Tablespoons of the butter.
- Repeat layers, ending with apples, sugar and butter.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for about 50 minutes.