Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Pennsylvania Dutch style dish.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples (sliced)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mace
- Boil sweet potatoes until tender. Slice in 1/4 inch pieces.
- Butter a baking dish and put a layer of sweet potatoes in bottom,.
- then a layer of apples.
- Sprinkle with sugar, salt and mace, and dot with butter.
- Repeat until dish is filled, having the top layer of apples.
- Bake at 350-F about 50 minutes.