Recipe by Sudie
This is from my brother Peter, a former owner of a vegetarian restaurant. I was looking for something different to do with sweet potatoes. This isn't like some of the extra-sweet versions, but it is awfully good!
Top Review by Supermom49
Sure wish I had made more of this for Thanksgiving. I don't particularly care for sweet potatoes, and this was really good. Not many in my family will eat sweet potatoes, either so I only made a small bit, but will definitely make a bigger pan for Christmas diner. Thank you, very yummy.
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and cut potatoes into thin slices.
- Layer potatoes in casserole dish, dotting with butter and adding salt and pepper to taste in each layer.
- Don't press down on the layers, you need to leave room for the cream.
- Pour cream over all.
- It should come to about half an inch below the top of the baking dish.
- Bake 50-60 minutes at 375.
- Make sure you put a cookie sheet under the dish, as this may bubble over while cooking.