A friend of a friend brought this to a potluck I had years ago, and I got the recipe because it was great to find a recipe that is different than the typical sweet potato casserole. I've never made it but definitely will now that I'm cooking more.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread half of the sliced potatoes in the bottom of a lightly buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half of the butter and cheese.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Add remaining sweet potato slices.
- Pour milk over potatoes.
- Top with remaining butter and grated cheese.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.