Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A twist on an old favorite!
Make and share this Scalloped Sweet Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peel & 1/4 inch slice
- 2 cups cream
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Place 2 cups cream in a pot to warm. Add nutmeg.
- Butter a gratin or casserole dish. Layer sliced potatoes and cheese in casserole. Salt and pepper each layer and finish with cheese on top.
- Pour warm cream over top and place casserole on a baking sheet to protect oven from possible over bubbling.
- Bake 30-35 minutes in 350 degree oven.
I love potatoes! DH usually isn't interested in a potato unless it's a boring baker! This recipe was the one to change his mind! We enjoyed this recipe so much! Thank you! I'll be making this again I am very sure!
A delicious way to enjoy sweet potatoes or yams (I used yams)! I love yams and don't always like them smothered in sweet sugar and marshmallows. Much better than regualr scalloped potatoes, too. I had to bake mine about 15 minutes longer. Thanx for a great recipe. I'll make this again.
I made this for Thanksgiving and it got rave reviews. It's a refreshing change from all the candied sweet potato recipes. Even though the ingredient seem unusual together, they work.