Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 4 lbs sweet potatoes
- 3 cups light cream or 3 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Slice potatoes very thin.
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, cream, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then transfer mixture to a buttered baking dish.
- Bake, covered, at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with brown sugar.
- Continue to bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes.
Forget the diet. Don't wait till Thanksgiving. This is GREAT!