- 4 cups summer squash
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup up herb flavored cornbread stuffing mix
- 12 -15 butter flavored crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sliced squash until tender, drain.
- Meanwhile, gradually stir milk into soup, blend in egg and drained squash, onion, and stuffing. Toss lightly to mix.
- Pour into a 2-quart casserole dish that has been buttered.
- Cheese topping: Crush the butter crackers, toss lightly with the 2 tablespoons butter.
- Sprinkle this over the squash. Top with the grated cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.