Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Unusual way to use squash, which is so plentiful now. Very delicious.
Make and share this Scalloped Squash recipe from Food.com.
- Cook sliced squash until tender, drain.
- Meanwhile, gradually stir milk into soup, blend in egg and drained squash, onion, and stuffing. Toss lightly to mix.
- Pour into a 2-quart casserole dish that has been buttered.
- Cheese topping: Crush the butter crackers, toss lightly with the 2 tablespoons butter.
- Sprinkle this over the squash. Top with the grated cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
Very interesting way of preparing it!
This is one of the best squash casserole recipes I have ever had. Love the flavor. I used half and half milk for just a bit more richness. I can't wait to make again. Thanks so much for the sharing your recipe.
I was nervous about making this...I love yellow squash, but thought it would be over powered. NO WAY! This has become our favorite casserole dish! This is a wonderful, flavorful and delicious recipe!! 10 STARS!! Thank you!