Recipe by dicentra
This is from my Eat Well Stay Well cookbook. I’m typing it up for ZWT II. It is excellent and easy to make. Slice the potatoes as thin as possible and cut the turkey very tiny. This is a great comfort food dish for fall.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and cut in 1/2
- 2 1⁄4 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces smoked turkey, diced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400. Rub a 9 inch glass baking dish with garlic. Discard the garlic.
- Dividing evenly, make alternating layers of potatoes, turkey, ¼ cup of the Parmesan, the flour and salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the broth and sour cream. Pour the mixture over the potatoes. Sprinkle the top with the remaining Parmesan.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes longer or until the potatoes are tender.