Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
THIS IS WHAT MY MOM (RUTH) COOKED FOR US IN NEW YORK MANY YEARS AGO.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 6 cups pared potatoes, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced (separated into rings)
- 6 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- In skillet brown pork chops on both sides in hot oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and black pepper if desired.
- Melt butter in sauce pan gradually stirring salt, flour,black pepper, chicken bouillon and water.
- Cook over med heat to a boil.
- Place potatoes in a bottom of a baking dish and top with the onions.
- Pour chicken broth mixture evenly over potatoes and onions.
- Put pork chops on top.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 deg for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and cook another 30 min's or until meat is tender.
- Note: an 8x12 inch baking dish can be used.
Very Good! Just what I hoped it would be - yummy comfort food. I made the recipe as directed except for reducing the salt by half. My chops only needed another 15 minutes after removing the foil. We loved the flavor combination the onions and pork gave the potatoes. I think next time I will turn the chops over when I remove the foil. Thanks Mary in La.