Recipe by conniecooks
Really yummy. You can add bits of ham to this also. My family really loves this version.
- 5 medium potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 ounces chive & onion cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter, whisk in flour.
- Add milk.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese, gruyere cheese, salt, pepper & nutmeg.
- Cook and stir over medium heat till cheeses melt and mixture is fairly smooth.
- Slice potatoes.
- Treat baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer potatoes and sauce in baking dish.
- Finish with sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake at 350F for 1 hour and 20 minute.
- If it gets to brown cover with foil.