Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
really good scalloped potatoes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ham (cubed)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 4 medium potatoes (sliced)
- 1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup or 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted) or 1 tablespoon margarine (melted)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 1 1/2 quart casserole layer half of the ham, half of the onion and half of the potatoes.
- Repeat layers.
- Mix soup, milk, and 1/4 tsp.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Bake, covered in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 1 hour or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Mix bread crumbs and margarine.
- Sprinkle on top of potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered for 15 minutes more.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This was very flavourful. I used cream of celery soup and skim milk and it came out nice and creamy tasty. Didn't use bread crumbs. I shredded cheese for the top and added it the last 15 minutes.
Tasty. My son liked these potatoes very much. I used the condensed cheddar cheese soup and substitued half and half for the milk. The sauce was creamy and had a wonderful flavor. I used four large potatoes in this recipe. I think next time I will use four medium potatoes like the recipe calls for so that the dish will be even creamer.