Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
The wonderful aroma of Herbes de Provence and the delicious cheese top crust add special touches and take the scalloped potatoes to a new level.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon gravy flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mild paprika
- 1⁄4 cup crushed graham cracker
- 200 g soft fresh goat cheese
- 4 lbs russet potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 370°F Butter 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish.
- Mix 1/4 part of goat cheese, crushed graham crakers, paprika and herbes de provence. Set aside.
- Mix first 9 ingredients in large pot. Bring to simmer over medium-high heat while stirring constantly. Add remaining 3/4 of cheese; whisk until smooth. Add potatoes to pot; bring to simmer.
- Transfer potato mixture to prepared dish, spreading evenly. Spread the cheese, herbs and graham mixture evenly on top of the potato mixture in the glass dish. Cover with foil; bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until potatoes are very tender, the top crust is golden and liquid bubbles thickly, about 35 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
These were delicious and a nice change from the same old potatoes. Very good flavor and texture. We did substitute apple juice for the white wine as we didn't have any on hand. It was still good. This made a nice presentation on the table, unfortunately my family devoured it before I remembered to take a picture. Next time!!!