Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from a community cookbook put out by the hospital I work at. This is absolutely wonderful and I had to share this with you all!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth, canned
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, Minced
- 4 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11 ounce) goat cheese, log soft fresh and crumbled
- 4 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Butter a 9 X 13 glass baking dish.
- Mix whipping cream, broth, white wine, scallions, garlic, herbes de provence and salt in a large pot.
- Bring to a simmer of medium high heat.
- Add half of the cheese; whisk until smooth.
- Chill remaining cheese.
- Add potatoes to pot; bring to simmer.
- Put potatoe mixture into the buttered baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 50 minutes until potatoes are very tender and the liquid bubbles thickly.
- Dot potatoes with the remaining cheese.
- Bake until the cheese softens about 5 minutes.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
This is a great dish. Our company loved it. Thanks for posting.