1/1 Photo of Scalloped Potatoes With Fresh Green Beans
1 hr 15 mins
cooking in cairo...'s Note:
This was just something I made up last night, but surprisingly came out quite tasty. Its super easy and would be great at a potluck or besides a beautiful steak. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and peel the potatoes.
- 2Slice potatoes and put into a glass or tefal baking dish.
- 3Wash green beans, snip ends and cut each bean in half, add this to baking dish with potatoes.
- 4In a saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter, add 2 tablespoons of flour and stir until coated and cook to a light brown color.
- 5Remove flour from heat, add 2 cups of milk and stir with whisk until smooth.
- 6Add 1 cup of water, chicken boullion, salt & white pepper, return to a low heat to boil.
- 7Once boiled, should be a bit thick.
- 8Serve in 1 tablespoon of heavy cream and add this to oven dish of potatoes and beans.
- 9Sprinkle paprika on top.
- 10Put into a preheated oven at 350 degrees, bake for approximately 1 hour. Should have lost most of its liquid, and be browned on top and a bit crusty on sides.
- 11Serve next to your favorite dish!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scalloped Potatoes With Fresh Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.0
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 229.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 6.2 g