Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is our favorite scalloped potatoes recipe. Even my hubby loves this one and he doesn't like potatoes, especially scalloped. It's easy to put together and makes a wonderful side dish for any meal. My favorite part is reheating them the next day in the microwave. That's IF there's any leftovers.
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1360.77 g red potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices (about 6 medium)
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine, melted
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml grated gruyere cheese (not smoked!)
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- Rub 1 10 x 6-inch baking dish with cut sides of garlic halves; discard garlic.
- Coat dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange half of the potato slices in dish, and drizzle half of the butter over potatoes.
- Sprinkle half of the salt and pepper over potatoes, and top with half of the cheese.
- Repeat procedure with the remaining potatoes, butter, salt, pepper and cheese.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a small saucepan over low heat; pour the hot milk over the potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 40 minutes or until tender.
Sorry, but this just did not work out for us. I followed the recipe exactly, but we found these potatoes very dry! Perhaps this is how they're supposed to be, but we're used to our scalloped potatoes being creamy!