This is our favorite scalloped potatoes recipe. Even my hubby loves this one and he doesn't like potatoes, especially scalloped. It's easy to put together and makes a wonderful side dish for any meal. My favorite part is reheating them the next day in the microwave. That's IF there's any leftovers.
- Rub 1 10 x 6-inch baking dish with cut sides of garlic halves; discard garlic.
- Coat dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange half of the potato slices in dish, and drizzle half of the butter over potatoes.
- Sprinkle half of the salt and pepper over potatoes, and top with half of the cheese.
- Repeat procedure with the remaining potatoes, butter, salt, pepper and cheese.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a small saucepan over low heat; pour the hot milk over the potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 40 minutes or until tender.