Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
My grandma Lorraine Stromgren would listen to WCCO Radio's Joyce Lamont as she broadcasted a daily recipe. My grandma would sit by the radio with pencil in hand to write down those recipe favorites! A cookbook was published in 1979 after 10 years of recipes being broadcasted. Of over 2,000 recipes that had been broadcasted, the cookbook has the recipes that were the listeners' favorites. "Fat and easy- and so good!"
- 4 cups peeled thinly sliced raw potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancondensed cream of onion soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare the sliced potatoes and shredded cheese- Set aside.
- Make a sauce by combining soup, milk, salt and pepper.
- Grease a casserole and arrange alternate layers of potatoes, cheese and sauce, ending with cheese on top.
- Cover casserole and bake for 1 hour at 375 degrees.
- Then remove cover and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese browns slightly.
My Husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. I made it along side onion crusted pork chops. It was easy to put together and cooked beautifully. The potatoes were tender and creamy and cheesy. Delicious ! I will make again and again. Thank you for the recipe !
I saw this recipe on here almost a year ago and fixed it for my family. They absolutely loved it!! I have been fixing my scalloped potatoes this way ever since. I figured it was about time to leave feedback and tell you how much I enjoy this. The only thing I have ever changed is the cream of onion soup. I very rarely ever have that on hand so I have substitued cream of mushroom a few times and even a cream of chicken once and still it turned out fabulous. Thank you for posting this great recipe.