Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Posted for ZWT 2006. A little different than the usual scalloped potatoes. They are so yummy!
- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 medium onion, sliced very thin
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 -6 ounces Canadian bacon or 4 -6 ounces ham, julienned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray bottom and sides of 8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Alternate thin layers of potatoes, onions, bacon and cheese, seasoning each layer with salt, pepper and garlic. (Do not add bacon to top layer). When all ingredients are used, pour heavy cream over the top.
- Cover pan with lid or aluminum foil and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Uncover and return to oven for 10-15 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Very tasty, I used smoked cheddar instead of swiss.
This was a delicious creamy cheesy meal. I served it with fresh steamed broccoli and we all loved this tasty variation.
This was a little on the bland side. I think it needed a little more salt, maybe garlic. It just didn't "zip" like we thought it would. It was good, just needs a little modifications for our tastes :-)