Recipe by conniecooks
These are pretty yummy. The original recipe had all heavy cream and I have lightened it up somewhat. These are rich so save then for special meals. I do not add salt as I have used salted stock, and cheese. You may adjust the seasoning to your taste.
Top Review by K9 Owned
I have yet to make these myself but have been dreaming of them ever since I had them at the chef's house. They are the best, creamiest, most wonderful scalloped potatoes I have ever eaten!! Connie suggested saving them for special meals and I agree...try breakfast, lunch & dinner. These will make any meal special!
I realized that I had not revisited the review since making them myself. Every single word I wrote still stands and they are now my 'damn the calories' favorite potato dish!
- 5 large yukon gold potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces cambazola cheese, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 9 x13 baking dish.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add garlic and onion, and saute till translucent but not brown.
- Stir in flour and cook a minute to loose rawness.
- Add chicken stock and cook till thickened add spices, parmesan cheese and cream
- Bring to gentle boil and remove from heat.
- Drizzle a little sauce in bottom of pan.
- Arrange potato slices on top.
- Sprinkle with small pieces of Cambozola cheese.
- Drizzle with more sauce.
- Repeat layers until all the potato and Cambozola cheese are used up.
- Bake at 350° F 45 - 60 min or until fork tender.