1/2 Photos of Scalloped Potatoes W/ Ham & Bacon
1 hr 30 mins
This is a fantastic variation of the old flavorless scalloped potatoes. The ham, bacon, and scallions add a burst of flavor. It can be used as a main or side dish. I highly recommend you try this. You will not be disappointed
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large russet potatoes, sliced thin (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup crispy crumbled bacon
- 1/2 cup cubed ham (I crisp mine in bacon grease)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk (cold)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (more if you like more heat)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated pepper jack cheese
- Hungarian paprika (regular paprika is fine)
- 1Mix together the cheddar and pepper jack in a bowl. Set aside.
- 2In a small sauce pan, melt the butter and blend in flour with a whisk. Let it cook for a minute.
- 3Add the milk, salt, and cayenne and whisk to combine.
- 4Cook on low until a slow boil forms and the sauce thickens. Whisk frequently.
- 5Turn off heat(leave on same burner) and stir in 1 cup of cheese mixture.
- 6Put half of the potatoes in a greased 1 quart dish.
- 7Pour half of the cheese sauce over the potatoes.
- 8Top with half of the bacon, ham, and scallions.
- 9Repeat with second layer of potatoes, cheese sauce, bacon, ham, and scallions.
- 10Sprinkle with Hungarian Paprika and top with remaining ½ cup of cheese mixture.
- 11Bake uncovered for an hour on 350°F.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scalloped Potatoes W/ Ham & Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.0
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 74.4 mg
- Sodium 1023.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: